Welcome to Engineering Academy of Serbia Home page | Serbian
   

DEPARTMENT OF ARCHITECTURE, CIVIL ENGINEERING AND GEODESY :: ENGINEERING ACADEMY OF SERBIA

Avakumović Dimitrije

(1933, Bijeljina, Republic of Srpska)
Mr. Avakumović graduated from the Faculty of Civil Engineering in Belgrade in 1960 and received his MSc degree with thesis “Cascade hydroelectric power stations in electrical power system”. In 1982 he obtained Ph.D. degree at the same Faculty.
He worked for 13 years at construction sites of the most significant water management structures, after which he committed to teaching and scientific work at Civil Engineering faculties in Belgrade (where he was full-time employee), Nis and Banja Luka and the Agricultural Faculty in Belgrade.
Mr. Avakumović worked on dam “Batlava” near Pristina, pressure pipeline Prugovci – Pristina and reservoir in Obilic in Kosovo and Metohija, all of which were parts of complex water management system which supplied water for thermal power station in Obilic, on a construction of HE Bajina Basta and on a construction of Djerdap System. He managed the technical preparation at HE Mratinje as a chief engineer and also worked on the project of building organization.
During this period he finished many important projects concerning irrigation, drainage and water pump stations in the country, as well as abroad. He worked on planning and modeling of large hydrotechnical and water resource systems: Water resource system of Black Sea basin of Montenegro, General project of irrigation of Stig, Preliminary and main project of irrigation of Radini in Istria, Main project of drainage of Negotin valley, Main project of irrigation of Negotin valley, General solution of water supply system of Macva, General solution of water supply system of Srem, Water resource system of Serbia, Water resource system of Montenegro. He is one of the designers of the Case study of constructional and hydrotechical solution and the Main project of large water pump station Beni Amrane (16 MW), which supplies the water for city of Algiers with 27 large structures.
Mr. Avakumović received many decorations and awards, as well as significant October award of Belgrade for the most valuable achievement in the area of technical and mathematical sciences and production innovation in 1994.

Aleksić Ivan

(1958, Osečina)

He had obtained academic title Graduate Engineer of Geodesy, M.Sc. and PhD in technical sciences in the field of Geodesy at the Faculty of Civil Engineering, University of Belgrade, Department of Geodesy and Geoinformatic. Works at the Faculty of Civil Engineering, University of Belgrade, Department of Geodesy since May 1982. He had covered all associate titles in the group of Geodesy courses. Promoted to the Full Professor for specific scientific field of survey and land management in 2012. At the Faculty of Civil Engineering, University of Belgrade, he has acted as Deputy He­ad of the Institute of Geodesy, Head of Institute of Geodesy, Head of the Institute of Geodesy and Geoinformaticsnand the Head of Department for Geodesy and Geoinformation. Held the office of Director of the Republic Geo­detic Authority from April 2001 to May 2007.

Working at the scientific-research projects, he had participated as the manager or the researcher in a total of 12 fundamental research or technology development projects. As for the category of studies, technical and development solutions, there are two studies, new method, and software development. He had implemented 81 projects independently, or through cooperation with a group of authors nationally or abroad. He had published 32 papers in scientific and professional journals. He had also published 33 papers in the co­mpendiums of nationally significant rallies. He is a member of the “Geonauka” national scientific journal, “Geodetska sluzba” professional journal editorial board, “Geodestski Vestnik” international scientific journal editorial board. In scientific journals of international importance from the SCI list, he had published five papers. He had published 42 papers in the category of international scientific rallies’ compendiums. In the category of monographs and books, he had authored or co-authored four scientific monographs of national importance, two university textbooks, and two workbooks.

Recognitions in the forms of the charters and plaques for professional work and geodetic profession development had been awarded by two institutions: Charter of Serbian Chamber of Engineers – award for exceptional achievement in the profession, for promoting the profession in the field of geodetic science and Plaque of the Republic Geodetic Authority – for exceptional contribution to the geodetic profession development in the Republic of Serbia.

Arsić Petar

(1950, Belgrade)
Mr. Arsić graduated from the Faculty of Architecture of the University in Belgrade in 1976. From 1975 till 1990 he was employed in the enterprise Architecture and Urban Planning, in the enterprise Invest-bureau, as the chartered designer and the chief designer, or worked in the status of a freelance artist. As of 1990, he is employed at the Faculty of Architecture in Belgrade, from 2005, at the function of full professor at the Department of Urban Planning and Spatial Planning. Heads his own studio at the third year of studies, mentors graduating students within the basic studies and, in parallel, teaches at the courses „Continuity in Construction of a City“ and „Urban Design Composition“ within the master studies.
Individually or within various working teams, he participated in over three hundred projects, involving town planning, architectural, and interior designs. Mr. Arsić is author of over a hundred published texts, both in the country and abroad, in the area of urban planning, city development, and architectural theory and practice, as well as of 11 studies. He also has four monographs published.
His major realized designs, as author or in a cooperation with other authors are: Hotel «Laguna II», Gradac at Sea, Croatia, housing project «Bežanijska kosa I and II», Belgrade, urban design project, Bus Terminal and Shopping Mall in Požega, University of Natural Sciences, Museum, and Sports Center in Jakutsk, the Republic of Saha, Russia, Astra Bank, Belgrade, being realized, the Parliament of the Republic of Uzbekistan, Tashkent, Uzbekistan, Kazan Kremlin, II Corpus, Kazan, Tatarstan (Russia), Sports and Commercial Complex Millennium, Vršac, business district of Gasprom-Srojtransgas, Moscow, Russia, interior design, STG Bank, Moscow, Russia, with B. Palui, Congress and Cultural Center and TV studios.
Mr. Arsić is winner of numerous international and domestic awards and acknowledgments. He is a member of the International Academy of Architecture IAA.

Vlajić Ljubomir

(1941, Belgrade)
Mr. Vlajić graduated from the Faculty of Civil Engineering of Belgrade. He defended doctoral dissertation at the Faculty of Civil Engineering of Niš in 1993.
Immediately upon graduating in 1966, he was elected a teaching assistant on the subject of Testing of Structures at the Faculty of Civil Engineering of the University of Belgrade, where he was also reelected to same position by the end of 1969. By the end of 1970, he was employed in the GIP “Jedinstvo“ construction company from Smederevska Palanka, where he worked first as a Chief Engineer, and then as a Construction Manager. From the beginning of 1972, he held a position of department head, and afterwards a head of the Section in the capacity of an advisor for Testing of Structures in the “Kirilo Savić“ Institute for Construction Techniques in Belgrade. In 1982, he was employed in the Faculty of Civil Engineering of Subotica, where he was elected a lecturer in 1983 and in 1988, he was elected professor in the Advanced School. In 1994, he was elected an associate professor on the subject of Testing of Structures and, by the beginning of 1999, a full professor on subjects of the Experimental Analysis of Structures and the Line Girder Statics I. Since 2007 to date, he has been employed with the Institute of Transportation – CIP in the capacity of Senior Scientific Advisor.

Đorđević Rastislav

(1939, Skopje, FYR Macedonia)
Mr. Đorđević graduated from the Faculty of Civil Engineering in Belgrade in 1962. On that same faculty he obtained his master's degree with thesis "Dynamic behavior of buildings under the machine-generated loadings". In 1989 he defended his doctoral thesis.
He started his work in OGP "7th July" in Belgrade. Later on he worked a couple of years in designing firm "Srbija", than in "Mašinoprojekt", "Industroinvest" and "Lola inženjering". During that period he underwent all phases of designer's development – from a beginner, to a chief designer, chief engineer and assistant manager for design. In later period he was engaged in "Energoprojekt" as an adviser for some fifteen years.
In 1989 he started working as a teacher on Faculty of Technical Sciences in Novi Sad. There he was elected docent, assistant professor and full professor. He taught objects from the group of Theory of Structures: Statics, Theory of Plates and Shells and Dynamics.
He has published 66 scientific and expert papers of versatile themes, mostly on foundation and machine foundation and wrote three published textbooks and one monograph: “Foundations of tool machines”.
For his work Mr. Đorđević was awarded with mere acknowledgements and rewards. Also, he was awarded the Medal of Work with silver crown.

Erčić Živodar

(1927, Lazarevac)

He graduated from the Faculty of Civil Engineering in Belgrade, Department of Hydraulic Engineering in 1956. Immediately after graduation he was employed by Energoprojekt, Belgrade, where he worked under open-ended contract until his retirement in 1993. In that period he acted as an engineer-designer, Project Manager for the pro­jects of hydraulic structures, Head of Department of Hydraulic Stru­ctures, Project Manager for projects implemented in the country and abroad and Assistant Director for Project Implementation. In the period from 1993 until 2003 he worked with designing companies in Lima (Peru). Since 2003 he has been engaged by “Energoprojekt-Hidroinženjering” as an advisor and permanent member of the Board of Experts. In the period of active designing, Živodar Erčić mostly developed preliminary and final designs of hydropower plants and appurtenant structures of dams (spi­llways, outlets, etc.). He also participated in the preparation or managed preparation of 53 preliminary and final designs of hydraulic structures. In addition to the designs of already co­mpleted structures, his most important projects are as follows: Preliminary Design of Buk Bijela Arch Dam (1960), Study of Reduction of Evaporation from the Water Surface of Shallow Reservoirs in Syria (1962), Preliminary Design of Dubravica Dam (1965), Preliminary Design of Maifdoun Dam (Lebanon, 1967), Preliminary Design of HPP Katende (Zaire, 1979), Preliminary Design of Imperatrice Hydropower Plant Adjacent to the Dam (Gabon, 1980), Feasibility Study of Bermejo Irrigation System with Three Large Dams (Bolivia, 1994), Feasibility Study for Construction of Alto Piura Irrigation Systems (Peru, 1996), Preliminary Design of HPP Santa Maria with the output of 950 MW (Peru, 2002), Preliminary Design of Repairs of Stilling Basin Damages in HPP Djerdap 1 (2008). He developed preliminary designs and hydraulic parts of final designs for 16 completed structures, among which the following are most important: surface spillway and outlets of Piva Dam (Montenegro), shaft spillway and stilling basin of Tikveš Dam (Macedonia), spillways of five dams in Cyprus, spillway and bottom outlet of Poechos Dam (Peru), spillway and outlet of Kirirom Dam (Cambodia), diversion-type Chancay hydropower plant with the head of 750 m (Peru). He published 17 expert papers in magazines and expert symposiums in the country. He was awarded a Work Medal with Silver Wreath in 1969.

Joksić Dušan

(1939, Užice)
Mr. Joksić graduated in 1964 from the Faculty of Civil Engineering at the University of Belgrade. He obtained his Masters degree in 1974 and his Doctoral degree in 1974, both from the Faculty of Civil Engineering, University of Belgrade.
Mr. Joksic teaches Photogrammetry and Remote Sensing courses at the undergraduate and graduate studies. He was a visiting professor at the Technical University of Hannover, Institut fuer Photogrammetrie und Ingenieurvermessungen and the Technical University of Vienna, Institut fuer Photogrammetrie und Fernerkundung.
He is the author and co-author of a number of books and monographs in the fields of photogrammetry and remote sensing. He initiated and contributed significantly to the development and application of the Analytical Photogrammetry in Yugoslavia, especially in the fields of surveying, architectural photogrammetry, civil engineering and industry. In the last two decades Mr. Joksić has been the manager of numerous scientific and research projects, with results successfully implemented into the photogrammetrical practice in Yugoslavia. In recent years he was involved in the application of new technologies in the fields of photogrammetry and remote sensing.
Mr. Joksić is the former Dean of the School of Civil Engineering and the ex-General Manager of the Institute for Geodesy. Until recently, he was the Director General of the Surveying Authority of the Republic of Serbia.

Kostić Ljubivoje

(1939, Belgrade)
Mr. Kostić graduated from the Faculty of Civil Engineering of Belgrade, the Structural Engineering Department in 1963. After graduation he worked at ''Pre-stressed Concrete'' design office in Belgrade, as a designer, ''Brodoimpeks'', as Engineering Manager, in company for navigable waterways ''Ivan Milutinović'', as a designer of maritime structures, The Highway Institute, Belgrade in the Institute of Construction Technology, as a chief engineer and in VIA Project in Belgrade.
During his professional work he worked on design and supervision of various structures, as an associate – firstly, as a structural engineer and later as a designer. The most important structures in which he has been involved as an associate are: Dry dock for ocean-going vessels in Bijela, Montenegro, the „Freedom Bridge“ in Novi Sad, bridge over the Vrbas River in Jajce, B&H, bridge over the Neretva River near Rogotina, B&H, bridge near Šibenik in Zaton, Croatia, bridge Land – Krk, Croatia, maritime structures in Bar and Bijela, Montenegro, concrete dock in Mumbai, India, bridge over the Morača River in Podgorica, Montenegro, etc.
The most Important structures designed by Mr. Kostić are: Bridge over the dam on the Tisza River, bridge over the Tamiš River near Idvor, six bridges over the Ibar River, two bridges over the West Morava River, petroleum berth in Bar, Montenegro, vertical quay of the Port of Pančevo on the Danube, Ceramic Tile Factory in Ub.
He has participated in reconstruction of war-damaged bridges such as: Bridge over the Bosna River in Modriča, B&H, bridge over the Sutjeska River in Tjentište, Republic of Srpska, bridge over the Bistrica River in Srbinje, Republic of Srpska, bridge over the Uvac River near Kokin Brod, stone bridge near Brvenik, bridge over the Moravica River in Bujanovac, bridge over the Old Begej River near Žitište; the “Freedom Bridge” in Novi Sad (as an associate) etc. As a civil engineer, he has also worked in the field of reviewing. Mr. Kostić has written a book entitled ''Bridges Talk''.
Important positions, awards and recognitions which he has received during his engineering practice are the following: Member of the Republic Professional Examination Board and Medal of Labor of the President of the FRY for special achievements in reconstruction of the country in 1999.

Kujundžić Vojislav

(1941, Bela Palanka)
Mr. Kujundžić graduated from Structural Department of the Faculty of Architecture, Belgrade, in 1964. He completed Post graduate studies at the Faculty of Civil Engineering University of Belgrade. In 1987 he successfully defended his doctorate thesis and qualified for the title of Doctor of Architectural Science.
In 1966 he started work with “Institute for Architecture and Town planning” of Serbia, as Junior Associate on design and structural calculations for structural systems of architectural buildings. In 1968. he was elected on the post of Assistant to the Department for Structures of the Faculty of Architecture in Belgrade, and in 1992 for Professor to the Department for Structures of the Faculty of Architecture in Belgrade, on the course Steel and wooden structures. Mr. Kujundžić lectures also on post graduate course “Agricultural buildings”, as lead professor, and on post graduate course “Structural systems in architecture” as professor.
He was a lead consultant or participant in realization of number of scientific research projects in domain of housing and pre-fabricated building of architectural structures.
Mr. Kujundžić is an author of industrialized system titled Light Roof Trusses-LKV, system for pre-fabricated building timber roof structures with granted patent, seal and model M-465/91 for metal connector and light roof truss, and has over 300 designs and realized projects of timber structure here, in neighboring countries and Russian Federation.
His professional engagements Mr. Kujundžić spent in the effort to point out values of engineering analyses and design of structural systems as a necessary component in structural design organization. His theses were proved through more than 50 structures in concrete and steel, with 165 preliminary and scheme designs realized in laminated wood structures spanning over 60m, and through couple of hundreds of buildings in system LKV. He is author of number of books related to design of structures in timber.

Miladinović Manojlo

(1946, Kikinda)

Civil Engineering - Department of Geodesy completed in 1969 in Belgrade, post-graduate studies in 1980 and PhD degree in Civil Engineering in Belgrade in July 1984. Since October 1988, he was elected as assistant professor, since 1998 as an associate professor, and in 2005 a full professor at the Faculty of Civil Engineering, University of Belgrade. Movement in service: From 1971 to 1988 the Institute for Photogrammetry Belgrade, is managed by computer center; Technical Director; Managing Director; 1995- 2000 Ministry of Construction, Republic Institute for Physical Planning and Urban Development, Assistant Minister and Director of the Institute; 1998- 1998. Construction company "Trudbenik", Belgrade, Managing Director, Belgrade; 2001- 2012 University of Podgorica, Study program Geodesy, President of the Parent Commission and a visiting professor; 2007- 2014 University of Banja Luka, Architecture, Civil Engineering and Geodesy, visiting professor; 1988- 2011. Professor of Civil Engineering in Belgrade.

Has published 55 scientific and technical papers at home and abroad. He managed production of over 60 large projects and studies. He participated in the execution of 72 land consolidation in Central Serbia, Vojvodina and Kosovo and Metohija (250,000 hectares); 55 projects in the field of state survey and cadastre, basic state maps, cadastre of underground lines and facilities, engineering geodesy and photo­grammetry in Serbia, Montenegro and Bosnia and Herzegovina.

 

He published 43 papers in national journals, publications and scientific and professional conferences in the country. He published 12 papers in international journals, publications and at scientific and professional meetings abroad.Published (as author and co-author) 3 monograph, three university book,and 8 scripts and manuals.

The winner of the Award for outstanding contribution to the development of ge­odetic profession in Serbia, granted on the occasion of 170 years of surveying activities and 60 years of the Republic Geodetic Authority.

Muravljov Mihailo

(1937, Zrenjanin)
Mr. Muravljov graduated from the Faculty of Civil Engineering of the University of Belgrade in 1960 - subject: Concrete Bridges. He won his master’s degree at the Faculty of Civil Engineering of the University in Belgrade in 1968 and defended his doctor’s dissertation at the same faculty in 1975.
After graduation, up to 1967, he had worked in the construction firms Tunelogradnja, Belgrade, and Rudar, Tuzla, as well as in the Institute of Mining and Chemical and Technological Research in Tuzla. From 1967 to 1981, he was employed at the Institute of Materials Testing of the Republic of Serbia (IMS), at the functions of assistant, research associate, and senior research associate. He transferred to the Faculty of Civil Engineering of the University in Belgrade in 1981, where he was immediately elected for the function of the associate professor. He was elected for the function of full professor at the same Faculty in 1988. As the professor of the Faculty, he also worked as a scientific consultant at the Institute of Materials Testing IMS for a certain period of time. In addition to the lecturing at the parent faculty, he also lectured at the faculties in Novi Sad, Podgorica, Niš, and Priština.
Mr. Muravljov is the author or coauthor of 24 books, about 250 scientific papers and over 200 professional papers, or around 100 very important designs and a large number of expert opinions/analyses, referee comments, technical solutions, etc. He headed making of 12 studies and preparation of 4 scientific and research projects.
In his R&D and professional work, he was engaged in the problem areas of building materials, technology of concrete, and structural engineering in the broadest sense of the word, particularly structures of reinforced and prestressed concrete, masonry structures, reconstructions, and reinforcement of structures. Out of a large number of his works in the field of structural engineering, the most important are: The bridge across the Danube nearby Beška (the first associate of the designer Prof. B. Žeželj), reconstruction of the same bridge damaged in bombardment by NATO aviation, the pedestrian suspension bridge across the Ibar River in Mataruška Banja, the bridge across the Neretva River in Mostar and the bridge across the Neretva River in Čapljina.

 Petković Sava

(1947, Kikinda)

In the year 1966, he entered the Faculty of Civil En­gineering in Belgrade, where he graduated in 1972. After finishing the post gra­duated studies at the Faculty of Civil Engineering of University of Belgrade in1979, he entered the University of Grenoble (France) where he acquired his PhD thesis. His scientific and research career started in 1974 at the Institute for Water Management “Jaroslav Cerni” in Belgrade, Serbia. He was elected as research fellow in 1986 and as senior research fellow in 1991. During his career at the Institute for Water Management “Jaroslav Cerni” he was President of the Council and the Scientific Council, and member of Managing Board. His academic activity started in 1990 at the Faculty of Civil Engineering in Subotica, Serbia. At the end of 1993 he was employed at the Faculty of Agriculture of the University of Belgrade. He received the title of associate professor in 1996 and the title as a permanent professor in 2002. He was professor of Hydraulics and Hydrology, a Chairman of the Department of Irrigation, Drainage and Soil Con­ser­vation, and Deputy Director of Institute of Soil and Water Research. 

 

Significant part of his research and professional career was conducted to the problems of shore erosion and methods of their protection. He conducted the realization of nearly 70 studies and projects. The most significant references are hydraulic model studies of hydraulic structures of Badush 1 and 2 Dams, and Na­vigation Lock No. 1 in Iraq. His main references in the field of Maritime engineering are Basic and Main Design of marina in Perazica Do and Basic Design of marina in Budva in Montenegro. During his professional career he published about 60 papers in international and national journals and international and national symposiums and congresses. He participated in realization of two international and ten national scientific projects.

Petković Slobodan

(1942, Ražanj)

In 1960. he entered in the Faculty of Civil Engineering in Belgrade, where graduated 1964. After the postgraduated studies, he did  PhD thesis in Grenoble (France) 1972. After finishing the studies in the Faculty of Civil Engineering in Belgrade, he was employed in the period 1965-1978. in the Institute for Water Management “Jaroslav Cerni”, as researcher and scientific collaborator. In the period 1978 - 2007, he was employed on the Faculty of Forestry Belgrade, as Professor of Hydraulics and Hydrology. Most important social function was in  in the Ministry of agriculture, forestry and water management of Republic of Serbia, in the period 2001 -2003. when he was the Vice Minister for water management.

During the professional carrier, he published  106 scientific and professional papers. Besides scientific work, he elaborated 38 studies and projects.The most sig­nificant references are: Studies of river management of Danube, Sava and Drina rivers, Projects of river engineering works on Velika, Juzna and Zapadna Morava rivers, Final projects of river training for Resava and Dobrava rivers.The executed projects were the river training for Resava and Dobrava rivers, and construction of the dam “Kamenica”. During the professional carrier, he published 79 scientific and professional papers in national journals and national symposiums and 27 papers in the in­ternational journals and international symposiums. In addition, he published 5 sci­entific monographs and one text –book for students.

 

In the frame of social recognition, the most important was the Award “Matija Ban”, 2001.

Prohaska Stevan

(1944, Orlovat)

In 1967 he graduated from the Faculty of Civil Engineering, University of Bel­grade – Department of Hydraulic Engineering, he achieved Master's degree in 1974. at the Hydrometeorological Institute of the University of Leningrad, Russia, and PhD in 1980. from the Faculty of Civil Engineering of Zagreb. He was a scholar of the WMO (World Meteorological Organization), USSR (The Hydrometeorological Institute, Leningrad) during 12 months (1970–1971) and in 1982.

From 1967. to 1972. he worked as a research associate at SHMZ, Belgrade. Since 1972. he works in the Institute for water resources “Jaroslav Cerni”, where he advanced from the researcher, senior researcher, independent researcher and lea­ding researcher to the scientific advisor. From 1982. to 1985. he was the director of the Department of River Engineering and since 2007. he is the director of the De­partment of Scientific Research and Information Technology in Institute for water resources „Jaroslav Cerni“. In the period 1982 – 1985. he was an assistant professor at the Faculty of Mining and Geology and the associate professor in the period 1985-1991. Promoted to full professor in 1991. At the Faculty of Mining and Geology he taught items Hydrology and Fundamentals of Water Resources and on the Faculty of Architecture and Civil Engineering in Nis items Hydrology I and Hydrology II.

 

He published near 300 works published in national journals, publications and scientific conferences and near 100 works published in international journals, publi­cations and scientific conferences abroad. He is an author of books: Hydrology through theory and practice (2002), Hydrology I (2003) and Hydrology II (2006) and monographs: A hydrological Monograph, Follow-up volume IV, Coincidence of Flood Flow of the Danube River and its Tributary (Bratislava, 1999) and Intensities of heavy rainfalls in Serbia (Belgrade, 2014). He participated in the 138 studies and projects. He has won many awards and prizes.

Folić Radomir

(1940, Dečane)
Mr. Folić graduated from the Faculty of Civil Engineering (FCE) – Structure Course in Belgrade in 1963, and took his doctor’s degree in 1983. He won his master’s degree at FCE in Zagreb in 1974.
From 1963 to 1972, he worked on design, supervision, and carrying out of works in "Put" enterprise and as instructor at the Two-year Post-secondary Technical School and the Technical Faculty in Priština. As of 1972, worked as the chief designer in the Housing Enterprise and "Urbis" in Novi Sad. Designed and realized a number of buildings of different materials. In parallel, from 1974, in the Center of FCE Belgrade and the Faculty of Technical Sciences (FTS) in Novi Sad, was instructor at Structural Static, until being elected as the assistant professor and his transfer to FTS in the beginning of 1980. Elected as the associate professor in 1984, and became full professor in 1988, for the field Concrete Structures (CS). The University in Novi Sad elected him as professor emeritus in January 2008. From the beginning of 1982 to the end of 2006, with an interruption of 4 years, was the Chairman of the Civil Engineering and, for 6 years, of the Architectural and Civil Engineering Department as well. From 1986 to 1988, he was the Dean of FTS.
Mr. Folić headed the elaboration of 5 themes, three subprojects, and 13 projects in basic and technological and developmental research. He has achieved valuable results in: Theory of Structures, Earthquake Engineering, BK, Foundation Work, Testing/assessment of Condition and Interventions on Structures. He designed rehabilitation of the building structures of Naftagas Company vacation home in Bečići, Silo in Kumanovo-Macedonia, a number of churches, the bridge across the Vrbas River in Banja Luka. He is a co-author of the patent for securing damaged RC structures by supporting, applying struts, and pre-stressed tie roads.
Mr. Folić is designer of structures of many buildings/facilities. Major ones are: the Serbian National Theater (SNT) in Novi Sad, Bank, Monument to Šar Mountain Warrior. He is author of numerous scientific and research papers, he has been the Editor-in-chief of various scientific magazines, many books published in Serbian and in English and bearer of various awards and recognitions. In last term he was president of IAS.

Smiljanić Jovo

(1944, Ribnik, Republic of Srpska)
Mr. Smiljanić graduated from University of Civil Engineering in Belgrade, majoring in concrete bridges.
He had worked with several construction companies in Novi Sad before he founded “Sigma Inženjering” company for engineering and design in civil engineering in 1990, “Sigma Inženjering” has completed over 800 design plans of various utilities: residential buildings, hotels, motels, sport and recreational buildings, commercial buildnigs, laboratories.
Durring his career he completed construction designs for over 220 buildings of various utilities. Some of them are: “Omorika” hotel on Mt Tara, “Udiš” furniture factory in Uroševac, “Batajnica” military personel provisions center, “Sintelon” PVC floors factory in Bačka Palanka, “Prvi Partizan” valve factory in Titovo Užice, “Kadinjača” factory in Titovo Užice, Prefabricated building in Libiya, “Alba” glass factory in Novi Sad, “Minakva” mineral water factory in Novi Sad, “Agrokombinat” building complex in Subotica, “Neoplanta” factory in Novi Sad, “Sloga” shoe factory in Prnjavor, “Inox” factory in Bački Petrovac, “Teleoptik” factory in Bački Petrovac, Cinema in Zvornik, etc.
As a young engineer, he has systemised, improved and adapted to our techical construction methods, a steel roof girder, which has been applied in over 300 buildings, and it has been frequently used by other designers on industrial buildings. He has developed and implemented small capacity, prefabricated reinforced concrete silo (for individual farmers and harvest seasons) and for the first time in Yugoslavia he has designed and implemented concrete truck weighing scales, measuring up to 60 tons, without standard measuring pit, drasticly reducing maintenace costs comapred to steel scales.

Belada Veljko

(1939, Cetinje, Montenegro)
Mr. Belada graduated from the Faculty of Civil Engineering of Belgrade, the Structural Engineering Department, in 1963. As a civil engineer he has been involved in design, construction, technical control and supervision in complex and specific construction projects, such as bridges, industrial structures, high-rise buildings of various purposes and structural systems, as well as reconstruction of various structures. He has worked as a leading engineer and/or engineer-designer, Manager of the Engineering Design Unit and Director of the Institute for Urban Planning and Design. As a responsible designer he has worked on construction of more than 40 bridges, among which the most important are: bridge “Bać 2” on Rožaji - Špiljani main road, bridge on Andrijevica –Murino main road, bridge over Zeta river on a main road Nikšić – Trebinje, reconstruction of Emperor’s bridge (Carev most) in Nikšić, 10 industrial structures, a large number of high – rise buildings - residential buildings, hotels, sport centers, schools, banks, children facility buildings.
As a supervisor he was in charge for the following objects: Factory for Alumina Production in Podgorica Aluminum Combine together with trans-shipment facilities in Port of Bar 1970-1974, Aluminum Forging Factory in Podgorica Aluminum Combine 1984/85, bridge over Tara river located in Đurđevića Tara 1989/90, and bridge called “Throath” (Grlo) over Morača river in 1991.
His research and scientific papers have been published in various proceedings from congress and scientific and professional conferences, as well as in professional and scientific magazines.
Mr. Belada has received the Medal of Labor for the construction of the “Kombinat aluminijuma” (Aluminium Combine) in Podgorica, Montenegro.

 Forde Michael


Professor Dr. Michael C Forde, B.Sc. from the University of Edinburgh, UK, is a well-known and renowned expert and researcher in the field of structural engineering, with special interest and pronounced results achieved in the field of non-destructive testing of structures of various purpose. He has been a leading researcher of many projects.
Profesor Forde has organized several international conferences and has been president of scientific-advisory committees of the same. He has organized conferences dedicated to tunnels and foundations, the Railway Engineering Conference. He has also regularly organized the world-known and high esteemed conference: the Structural Faults and Repair – Extending the Life of Bridges, Concrete+Composites, Buildings, Masonry+Civil Structures. He is currently a Director of the Engineering Research Institute of the University of Edinburgh.
He has published 200 scientific works, has given his expert opinion on many structures and has also been a reviewer. He is also FREng Fellow of the Royal Academy of Engineering, FICE, Fellow of ICE and Highways&Transportation, Non-Destructive Testing (Great Britain) and member of the ASCE and ACI (the USA);

Lukić Vladimir

(1933, Sanski Most, Bosnia and Herzegovina)

Mr. Lukić graduated from the Department of Geodesy, Faculty of Architecture and Civil Engineering and Geodesy in Zagreb, in 1961, and received a master’s degree from the Faculty of Geodesy of Zagreb University in 1978. In 1990, he obtained a doctor’s degree from the Faculty of Civil Engineering in Sarajevo. He is the Chief Technical Officer of the Civil Engineering Institute ‘IG’ in Banja Luka.
In 1955-1956, he worked at the Institute of Geodesy, Department of Surveying, in Banja Luka, followed by a Sarajevo engagement in 1961. He was a teacher at the Technical School of Surveying in Sarajevo, and its head teacher from 1963 to 1971. From 1971 to 1984, he was the Executive Officer of the Republic Administration of Surveying in Sarajevo, and in next six years Director of the Institute of Geodesy in Sarajevo.
He was a teaching assistant at the College of Surveying in Sarajevo (1961-1965). Thanks to his expertise and professional achievements, in 1976 he was engaged as a lecturer by the Faculty of Civil Engineering, where he was promoted to the status of Assistant Professor in 1987.
He was member of the Committee for Spatial Planning and Environmental Preservation of Bosnia and Herzegovina for about twelve years and a chair of the GIG Association of Bosnia and Herzegovina. In 1992, he was representative of the Republic of Srpska with the UNPROFOR in Sarajevo. From December 1992, he was the mandatary of the Government of the Republic of Srpska, and from January 1993 till August 1994, he was its Prime Minister.
His greatest contributions to research and his field of expertise are the surveying of around 3.5 million hectares of land, consolidation of 70,000 hectares of land, preparation of the 1:25,000 topographic map of Bosnia and Herzegovina, and numerous papers related to the utilities register, engineering geodesy, etc. He has participated in several international surveying projects.
Mr. Lukić has received a number of certificates of thanks, plaques, diplomas, awards, as well as four honorary decorations.

Popović Svetislav

(1955, Podgorica, Montenegro)
Mr. Popović graduated from the Faculty of Architecture, University of Belgrade in 1980. In 2003 he defended his master thesis at the Department of Architectural spatial organization at the Belgrade Faculty of Architecture.
In 1981 he was employed at the General Construction Company-GCC, Titograd. From 1981 till 1989 he had worked in the Republic Institute for urban planning and design, Titograd, as an architect responsible for the tasks of architecture and urban planning, as well as the head of Bureau AU-I. From 1989 until 1991 he had worked in the ''Centre'' - W.O. for planning and design, Titograd, later „Arcus project'' as a technical director. After that he had worked at ''Arcade Engineering“, Belgrade, as a lead and responsible architect, at the ''Mocca Commerce-Project Engineering'', Podgorica, as a lead and responsible architect and at the ''Project Engineering” Podgorica, as a director. From 1998 till 2002 he had worked in the Republic Institute for urban planning and design JSC, Podgorica, as a managing director. After that he had worked at the University of Montenegro, Faculty of Civil Engineering, as an assistant and since 2006 he is employed at the University of Montenegro, Faculty of Architecture, as an assistant professor. In 2009 he was appointed head of postgraduate studies at the Faculty of Architecture in Podgorica.
His most important publications are: “Architectural heritage of the Skadar Lake basin”, “Architectural atlas of Montenegro”, “The history of urban planning in Montenegro”, etc.
He is winner of the prestigious awards "Mihailo Radovanovic" and "Aemilianus Josimovic" for the contribution given in elaboration of spatial plan, urban and architectural design etc. Mr. Popović is bearer of the Order of St. Sava II class, awarded by the decision of the Holy Synod in 2009.